I just had a sudden thought. A really horrifying one. I am at uni, my back to many many MANY people in a computer lab… and my butt is hanging out of my jeans. Nasty stuff indeed.
Oh…. and I am feeling guilty about missing raid this week just gone. Sorry guys!
Tags: Sar's Real Life
So, today has been one of those days. I woke up this morning to find my mouth full of ulcers for starters. Painful, but no biggie. Then I had to ring the Department of Education (my future employer), because they have an online interview booking process, and I kept getting an error message when I clicked the link. Turns out, after over two hours worth of phone calls, that my application has been lost somewhere in the system because of ‘IT issues’. So I now need to fix that. That was a little frustrating (especially when the IT guy on the phone was outright rude to me), and put a bit of a dent in my day.
Then I decided to play WoW and unwind for a bit. I got into a run on Hermia (Durnholde Keep) tanking, which for me is just fantastic. I really really need the practice. However, I got frustrated, because clearly my tanking is really really not that great. I don’t think that all the errors were on my own behalf. I guess alot of them must have been though. We had 4 wipes, which in my book is pretty bad. So, on my list of things for me to improve:
- Develop a new way of pulling. I usually pull with either Faerie Fire or Moonfire, and wait for the mobs to come to me. In some instances I am especially hesitant to just go charging in there, in case I pull something else (This has happened before!)
- Get used to incorporating Lacerate into my rotation. I am not sure if this is a correct rotation, but I have been using Lacerate (x5), Mangle, Maul. I refresh Lacerate and Mangle where necessary, and occasionally hit Mangle if I notice my threat getting low.
- Learn to communicate marks more effectively to the DPS team. I have gotten so used to taking marking for granted, that I neglect to mention things that most people regard as universal, but not all people know. I don’t know if this is a standard thing, but most every run on Cenarius I go on moon is sheep, square is trap, and diamond is a warlock ‘whatever’ mark. I forget not all people use these marks!
However, I think there are some things DPS need to learn as well to make their tanks smile.
- Please don’t attack a mob that the tank hasn’t got firm aggro on yet. Most times there isn’t a rush, and attacking before the tank is ready makes their job harder. On Saresa, I always followed the basic rule of ‘If you don’t see 2 sunders, don’t attack!’ (I guess the same applies for Lacerate?). Sure, you may look a bit lower on the meter, but it’s better than wiping!
- It might just be me, but I am not a fan of mages breaking their own sheep. I much prefer to break them myself and try to eliminate any left over aggro they may have.
- If you are a class with tanking capability, but are not there in a tanking role, please refrain from trying to tank unless you are asked to. It just slows DPS, and in my case makes me feel nervous.
- Please, PLEASE crowd control your targets! If you can’t for some reason, speak up, and I will tank it instead.
Anyway, so the run wasn’t the best. That normally wouldn’t bother me too much… if my cat didn’t start a vomitfest half way through. Epic amounts of vomit. He began his warning meows (yes, he has a distinct ‘I’m going to puke! meow) in the middle of a pull, and I frantically was mashing keys with my toe while I was grabbing the cat to throw him outside. Needless to say, I didn’t make it. Thankfully, it was in a tiled rather than a carpeted room. Phew.
That was basically the extent of the nasty side of my day. It wasn’t that bad in hindsight, but when you wake up on the wrong side of the bed, it doesn’t take much to stir me up. However… I made a little something which made me smile…
Rocket Chicken!!! One of my most favourite World of Warcraft things! That and the Gnomish Battle Chicken… simply because ‘Battle Squawk’ is the BEST buff name ever.
, Sar's Real Life
Just a quick one to apologise for my lack of blogging the past couple of days – made a trip to Sydney to catch up with some friends and all that stuff. Also saw a friend of a friend’s band playing – they were quite good, I was pleasantly surprised. Yay for Sludge Hammer!
As a kinda WoW related aside… Kalf was somewhat surprised and shocked when I said to him that I would head home early if he did a Kara run today while I was visiting – he just didn’t seem to understand that watching someone running Kara for three or four hours isn’t exactly entertaining. Silly druid! Needless to say, he did not end up doing the Kara run. I felt kinda bitchy about pulling the whole ‘ultimatum’ thing, but realistically, I had to head off in a few hours anyway, and I didn’t want to spend the rest of my time there watching him play WoW. I may like the game, but not THAT much!
Now… off to catch a crocolisk! I want that pet!
, Sar's Real Life
I completed my Mother’s Day shopping yesterday. I was lucky enough to find a pair of gorgeous dainty diamond earrings on sale for just $48 (half price! – and they are tiny diamonds… I would estimate 2mm across?). So that brings it to $50 of earrings, and $50 of liquorice. Sad that they are the same price. The main thing is, I am pretty sure that she will love it anyway!
One of the girls at uni astounded me yesterday by saying that her family doesn’t believe in Mother’s Day, and so they don’t buy anything. She said that they send her flowers and things for other occasions, or when she just plain deserves it, but I can not imagine not giving my Mum a present and a card. Does anyone else not do Mother’s Day? Or is it just me?
…Also… Most of the people in my History Teaching Method class at uni had very little idea or understanding of who Trotsky was. I was appalled! Admittedly, I am a bit of a Russian history freak, and Trotsky was my hero (of sorts – I am not, and never have been, a Communist!) when I was in high school. Sigh. The reason it came up was I took in this old news paper article I found because I thought it was very amusing. Personally, my kind nature thinks that she should have donated it to the museum, especially since her father stole it anyway! However… other opinions are always nice!
Tags: Sar's Real Life