I was doing a spot of reading here and there, and I read something that didn’t quite ring true to me. Nothing unusual for the internet, just one of those random comments you see on news articles about celebrities occasionally “I’m six ft tall, blonde, thin and gorgeous, and look JUST like this celebrity, only hotter!” yadayadayada. Anyway, it got me thinking:
What are some of the white lies (or perhaps not so white?) lies we tell in WoW?
I know I can think of a few I have done:
– “Of course I am defense capped!” (I was only a smidgen off!)
– “Yep, I have run this heaps of times… I know what I am doing!”
– “I don’t have a healing offset, sorry”
– “What do you mean, ‘Did you repair before the raid?’ Of course I did!” (as I heal with broken pants)
– “I know I have a flask in these bags somewhere…”
– “I am confident I can do x amount of DPS” (While thinking ‘OMG OMG I am so boned’)
– “Ooops, the cat just jumped on the keys. Sorry!” (to be fair, this one is also sometimes true)
And a couple I have been sorely tempted to do….
– [Alt + F4] “Oh no, I’ve disconnected! I can’t get back in! I guess you’ll just have to replace me”
– “Whatever gave you the impression I’m a girl? I’m a guy, seriously” (OK, OK, so sometimes I think it would be easier to pretend I’m male in certain groups. Is that really a crime?)
And some I have seen….
– “Well, my main is [insert class here], and I’d just like to say, you’re doing it all wrong”
– “I’m a girl, honestly… that’s my male roommate talking on vent for me”
– “I always Main Tank for my guild, and I never have aggro problems with them”
– “I did not fall asleep at the keyboard!”
– “I’ve had 30 drinks before raid… lets go!” (what is it with people exaggerating how much they have had to drink to a STUPID extent!?!?)….. (although, when raiding with Aussies, this may actually be true. There is no Aussie in Moderation).
What sorts of white lies have you told in the game?Tags: Dungeons, Groups, Lies, Raiding, Repairs