I finally hit 86 last night. Hot damn, I’m a speed demon at this levelling stuff.
– There is such a thing as too much cut scene, damn it.
– I have difficulty figuring out why the hell I should care about any of this crap. OK, so academically, I get the story line. Emotionally, I am not engaged at all. And all the cut scenes in the world won’t fix that problem. Make me give a shit about these quests, damn it! And stop making me run errands for panda children!
– I might have lied a little. I was a little interested in finding Anduin. I was a little invested in that (although he’s not a little boy! When the hell did we decide to change him from a child to a young man? Where the hell is my in between? Now that would have been a cut scene worth watching. Anduin’s first day at high school… or however the hell they get educated. Anduin awkwardly hitting on someone inappropriate like Jaina. Anduin popping his cherry (the non graphic porno version, because that would be kinds creepy). Anduin having to wear braces… I don’t know, where were the awkward teenage years? The years I am sure most geeks can sympathise with?) Of course, all the in between may have happened in that cursed expansion that I avoided like the plague. Urgh.
– Pandas are getting old already. Especially the way they speak. I’m bored with Pandas, Blizzard. At level 86. This is not promising.
– I kinda regret not being able to level at the same time as everyone else. That may have actually motivated me.
– The way the quests are staggered around the zone is annoying as well, and seems to have no actual flow. I like my story to be linear if it isn’t going to be interesting.
Oh well, onward and upward to 87! Which will be even slower, by the way things appear. Oh well.