You may have noticed that things are looking a little bit different around here.  My theme has been broken for quite some time, and now that I am on vacation (whoo hoo!) I finally had the time to dedicate a day to trying to fix this place.  It’s certainly not perfect, but it IS serviceable, and the changing headers make me giggle inanely.  I just wish I could decide whether I wanted to leave them on random or not.  At any rate, there is something like ten different headers uploaded, so if you find one you don’t especially like, just hit the refresh button.  If you don’t like any of them, well I guess that’s just your tough luck!

So, last night I actually set foot in ICC for the first time in… well, a long time.  Unfortunately, it turns out that my raiding reflexes may be just a little rusty (to the point where, come to think of it, I may have actually died on almost every boss.  Whoops!)  I was actually pleased with my damage for once – so even though my brain was too slow to register that ‘oh crap, you are about to die from x’, I still got my rotation fairly down pat (and missed less Conflagrate cooldowns than I have in a long while, which helped immeasurably).  I guess it helps that my latency also wasn’t being total fail, although I took a lot of Death and Decay damage BEFORE I could see it on the ground underneath me.

At any rate, it was nice to finish a raid and not feel like a giant ball of suck.  That doesn’t happen very often anymore!  I actually enjoyed being a Warlock for the first time in a while – lately everything in the game has just felt like a chore (and I am sure that the attitude of people in the Random Dungeons has nothing at all to do with that).  So having fun was nice.  Albeit, confusing, but nice.

Tags: , ,
12 Responses to “We’re Not In Kansas Anymore, Toto…”
  1. looks great. kinda jealous about the rotating header. i’ve always wanted to rotate at least the sub-title on my blog ;_;
    .-= krizzlybear´s last blog ..Lament of the 10-man Raiding Guild =-.

2. I love the random headers (well, I would). Other than that, I am pleased to report that it did NOT crash my PC at any point, which always upgrades a site from a solid ‘d’ to at least a ‘c-’. Well done, carry on smartly.
    .-= Grimmtooth´s last blog ..This is my world: 4/4/10 =-.

3. OH and SPIDER HEADER FTW OMG
    .-= Grimmtooth´s last blog ..This is my world: 4/4/10 =-.

4. hehehe, everyone loves spiders (well, actually, I don’t especially like them in real life. They scare me. But, my cats kill them and eat them, so all good!)

5. I LOVE the header with the bird. All the mages QQing made me snort! LOL great work.

6. Yes, my bird obsession has even snuck in here. At least now I am running out of places for it to crop up! (That is one of my favourites as well… it’s so simple and PRETTY – I rarely do pretty, and it’s a good change)

7. I lurve the new theme – very cool! :)
    .-= Marylin´s last blog ..Yes, I’m Shameless! =-.

8. I am having trouble seeing all 10.. lol. Excellent SEO trick to get more refreshes. XD. I love the bird QQ one too.
    .-= sirfwalgman´s last blog ..A Little Annoyed =-.

9. Out of curiosity, do you have an addon that tracks your spell cooldowns? I’ve used the ForteXorcist package for years and the cooldown tracker included in it helped me tremendously with staying on top of conflag and chaos bolt cooldowns.

10. I like the new layout Sar. :)
    .-= shopshopshop´s last blog ..Which Widgets Work =-.

11. @Hake oddly enough, my tinkering with addons to track cooldowns proved to be more unhelpful than anything else. I have a severe dislike for things which flash in the middle of my screen, I do not like having to watch bars in a corner when I need to be watching what is going on, and I play with sound turned off, so auditory cues are useless. Most of my missed Conflags can be put down to laziness, movement, lag, or more lately, just being too tired to actually give a damn. Bad Warlock, I know.

12. Very bad indeed! Mostly though, I have the cooldown bar and spell timers directly below my cast bar, so I don’t have to look to the side of the screen to see them, and I can still see if I’m standing in bad shit. :D