goldseller

At least gold sellers are becoming more polite!  To be totally honest, I am not sure why I even bother ignoring them.  Force of habit, perhaps?

What about you?  How do you react to gold seller tells?

Tags: , ,
11 Responses to “When Manners Don’t Pay Off”
  1. that doesn’t sound like a lot of gold, tbh :(

2. bytorsnowdog says:

Our guild has a game we play with goldsellers, we replace “gold” with “goat” and continue to talk to them about wanting to buy “goat” and the first person to be ignored by the goldseller wins!

3. I found that quoting Monty Python or trying to RP with them works well. Once got one to ignore me before I could even ask the 3rd question ‘What is the average air speed of an unladen swallow?’
    .-= Crashandburn´s last blog ..A Retadin in ICC Part 3 – The Crimson Halls =-.

4. As soon as I get one of these ‘polite’ messages from a random person whose name I don’t recognise the first thing I do is type

“Hi, if you are about to try and sell me gold, I suggest you stop typing now – as my response is not likely to be polite, in fact I can guarantee it will be abusive, thank you”

They never ever get beyond the initial hello

5. I buys it all! And they’s whole C1al1$ stockpile too!
    .-= Ratshag´s last blog ..Dead Chicks Have Nice Butts =-.

6. I right click and report as spam. I doubt blizzard ever does anything about it but one could hope.. maybe they might even add a “Report as Gold Seller” button.

7. JusticeJuice says:

I link them the Wikipedia article on goats. I have yet to get a reply from that.

8. I ignore them. As in, if a level one whispers me and I don’t recognise the name, I won’t respond. Or occasionally I screenshot them and post them on link love Sundays ;)
    .-= Jaedia´s last blog ..The Explorer Task =-.

9. Right click on name, report for spam.

10. I have taken to the Bind on Equip method. I try to get my guild involved and we all see who can get ignored first.

11. I use my meager knowledge of chinese to insult them.