What it takes for WHAT exactly, you may be asking?  I mean, sure, getting a ticket can be a bit scary, and the queue is also a little bad (last year, I kinda accidentally on purpose cut the queue on the first day to get in.  Evil?  Most definitely!  Smart?  Probably).  But, apart from that, what could possibly be challenging about it?

Being Sar’s roomie for 4 nights, that’s what!

I figure, so many people will be vying for the fantastic experience that is sharing a room with Sar, that I’ll need to do a Survivor style challenge to weed out the useless ones.  I deserve a roomie as awesome as myself you know!

Day One: The Vegemite Challenge.

Last time I was in the US, I discovered just how scared everyone is of Vegemite.  I mean, I don’t know WHAT people have been telling you… but seriously, it’s damned good stuff.  If you can’t agree on Vegemite’s awesomeness, then there is no room in my room for you!

vegemite

Breakfast of champions!

Day Two: The Accent Challenge

Can you handle four days of almost non-relentless subjection to a bogan Aussie accent?  The harsh, whiny tones of the Australian female are, to my ears, NORMAL, but judging off the reactions of the rest of the world when I travel… perhaps I sound a little weird.

The first person to correctly master the pronunciation of the Australian and our vocab wins!  Any imitation of Steve Irwin or Paul Hogan results in instant disqualification – I might say tomato differently to you guys, but I do NOT sound like that!

P.S. – No laughing at my use of the words ‘thongs’, ‘bugger’, ‘wanker’, or ‘footpath’.

Day Three: The Hair Holder

I am, quite frankly, utterly useless.  As my room mate, I’ll be depending on you to

1.  be willing to hold my hair back in the case that it is required.  You never know, these blogger types are all crazy alcoholics or something and keep trying to corrupt me!  Face washing is a bonus!

2. find my stuff whenever I lose it (this happens often).  Usually, before leaving the house, I manage to lose my glasses, my sunglasses, my keys, my phone, my handbag, my shoes, my hairband, my glasses again… you get the point!  Skill at finding stuff will be determined by scavenger hunt!

3. tolerate my messiness.  When I travel, I tend to have bag explosions.  Forewarned is forearmed, right?

Day Four: The Walking Challenge

I like to walk.  A lot.  And I generally prefer to have company on my strolls.  So, be ready to walk lots (like, seriously, 10 kilometre strolls are not very out of the ordinary for me)!  However, you may luck out, as I could have sore tootsies from the con.  But, just in case, you will all be required to walk 15km in 3 hours.  Easy peasy (I walk it in about 2 and a half hours).  No breaks!

See, not that hard, right?  I have the Vegemite out and waiting!

Tags: , ,
11 Responses to “Blizzcon 2010 – Have YOU Got What It Takes?”
  1. Ohmygodiloveyou

2. Awww, I’ll miss you this year! If I win the lottery, I am ringing your boss and demanding that you come. I’ll even pay for someone to do your job for a few days!

3. Wait, Vegemite comes in tubes, now?

4. Yep, great for travelling! Who wouldn’t want the convenience of Vegemite everywhere you go? (OMG I sound like a door to door Vegemite salesman)

5. Throw in word like Barbie (as in BBQ), Streuth! (golly), beauty (very good), and always take the piss out of an Aussie, we love it.

And if I was there I’d be taking the piss out of you. :)
    .-= TyphoonAndrew´s last blog ..Epic AH drops =-.

6. [...] This post was mentioned on Twitter by Saresa, kriz. kriz said: RT @Saresa New blog post: Blizzcon 2010 – Have YOU Got What It Takes? http://bit.ly/bHOpnZ -not sure if I'm ok with holding her hair back… [...]

7. Funnily enough, when I used the expression ‘Taking the piss’ while I was overseas, everyone was utterly confused. And it’s SUCH a great expression!

8. if i could get blizzcon tickets, i’m sure you would be a great roommate.

i know all about crazy; i can handle tempeste and aprilian’s voice for hours and hours and hours, i’ve got the top warlock in Bind on Equip’s guild , and i’m generally stoic in the face of drama and excessive drinking.

i can also

# fake a bad american accent if needed to get room service and invitations

# i can speak geek, having been to conventions before it’s more than just a case of avoiding eye contact with anyone who looks like they know “Lore” …

# i know all the brands of junk food that are similar enough to timtams, mars bars and potato chips to survive for a week in most any tri-state areas of the continental US.

9. *sigh* I wish I could do something like go to Blizzcon – I reckon I’d be an awesome roomy for ya… especially with numbers 3 and 4. I’m a mother, therefore I’m used to taking care of people, and I’m also a photographer, so taking long walks is always a GOOD thing! ;)
    (also, I would leave all the Vegemite for you so you wouldn’t do without, and I would probably end up talking similarly to you since I pick up whatever accent I’m around). ;)

Maybe in a few years… XD
    .-= Marylin´s last blog ..Let The Freak Out Commence =-.

10. People are scared off by Vegemite? HOW? It’s delicious! Granted, I’ve had Gator, so…

11. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2prGdsc0RF8 Perhaps this might be more fun! <3