As I write this, I am pretending in my own head that I am actually writing a study guide for my Year 12 students.  It’s the only way I can assuage my conscience (although it is small, it is also annoying, like a splinter that wont come out).

It’s been a good long while since I pondered the wonders of Warlockery.  Well, today, I FELT like a Warlock.  I cackled delightful cackles of glee and mirth.  Why?

Mages got Nerfed!  It’s like Christmas!  Well, by nerfed… they got stuff given to them and then taken away.  I think that’s even more fun personally.  I often enjoy doing that same thing with very small children and candy.  Then I eat it reeeeeaaaaaally slowly, right in front of them, and watch as the last little glimmer of hope fades from their eyes.  THAT’S when you know you have killed their spirit!

Oh yeah, this is good stuff.  I’ma going to pour myself a big fat glass of mage tears, and giggle through 32 pages of QQ.  Just like the good old days!

mage tears

*raises glass* Here’s to Blizzard, making Mages cry since… well…. since forever!

11 Responses to “Pouring myself A Nice Tasty Glass Of Mage Tears”
  1. P.S: I am dedicating the bad photoshop to my favourite Mage… I am sure he will appreciate it. Surely it will make him feel good to know I wrote a post with him in mind…. right? ;-)

2. As your favorite mage. I hate you… I hate you lots. <3

3. See, this is the reason I don’t play my mage-alt as fire. It’s too freaking complicated! Seriously, I read that blue post about hot streak and proccing and multiple targets and whatnot, and then I re-read it and then it gave me a headache.

I’ll just go back to spamming nourish quietly in the corner.
    .-= Niadyth´s last blog ..When I get home from work tomorrow…. =-.

4. Ha ha ha… magery.
    .-= Fulguralis´s last blog ..3.2 Frost DK DPS Run Down =-.

5. As a mage, it doesn’t surprise me. It goes to prove to us mages once again, everyone at Blizz plays a Warlock.
    .-= Rivs´s last blog ..Weekly Lag Out =-.

6. I love your humour! This is another excellent post, with a delightful image as well.
    .-= Elf´s last blog ..Ten-foot Teleport =-.

7. Ha! I’ve always thought that, lore wise, warlocks should be more powerful than mages. Mages would be warlocks if they weren’t too chicken to dabble with the real magics.
    .-= Frijona´s last blog ..Friday Linkday: August 7, 2009 =-.

8. Aaaaah that’s why I keep on reading :D even though i don’t have the time :) You make me smile.
    .-= Yashima´s last blog ..No Fuss Looting – Part I =-.

9. @Frijona – I almost spit up my conjured mana biscuit. Warlocks depend on fell and dark magics with their dark companions whome without they would be sitting ducks indeed. We Mages delve into the mysteries of the Arcane all by our lonesome.

Warlocks are failed mages who turned to fouler methods to get their knowledge.
    .-= Rivs´s last blog ..WoW: Worgen and Goblins…it can’t be true. =-.

10. @Rivs: Failed mages? Please. The innate power of a warlock is far too limited by the arcane. Warlocks turn to fel magic because they need an actual challenge.
    .-= Frijona´s last blog ..Why I’m a Warlock – Part 1 =-.

11. I totally agree with the above. Mages are just far too scared to dabble in anything other than the ‘safe’ powers. Warlocks, well… we aren’t afraid of anything! Not to mention, we just plain outright enjoy grappling with the sinister dark arts