I got an award! Now, it’s really not often that this happens, so I am going to bask in the fact that I have been called so many lovely things by the equally lovely Lady Jess. Basically, this award is given for the following:
“This award is bestowed upon a fellow blogger whose blog content or design is, in the giver’s opinion, brilliant.”
Brilliant is really not something that I would have ever chosen to describe this little corner of the blogosphere, but I will take compliments where ever I can get them!
The flip side to this award is that we need to do a couple of things. You never get anything in life without having to do something for it, no matter what you are talking about ;-)
- 1. When accepting this auspicious award, you must write a post bragging about it, including the name of the misguided soul who thinks you deserve such acclaim, and link back to the said person so everyone knows she/he is real.
- 2. Choose a minimum of seven (7) blogs that you find brilliant in content or design. Or improvise by including bloggers who have no idea who you are because you don’t have seven friends. Show the seven random victims’ names and links and leave a harassing comment informing them that they were prized with Honest Weblog. Well, there’s no prize, but they can keep the nifty icon.
- List at least ten (10) honest things about yourself. Then pass it on!
So, I guess the first thing I have to do is find seven bloggers. I think personally it would be more fun to link this to some people who have only been blogging for a little while (or who I have only been reading for a little while), since it is always great to look at some new and interesting places! So, here are seven great blogs which I have recently discovered and enjoyed – consider yourselves tagged!
- Kiwired at One Of These Alts Is Not Like The Others – one of my new favourite blogs. Very entertaining, often funny and a New Zealander to boot. I promise not to make any sheep jokes (especially since I am pretty sure he doesn’t have a mage). He also likes The Princess Bride
- Erinys at The Harpy’s Nest – A light hearted entertaining blog about Eriny’s adventures through WoW on a variety of characters. Got to love people who suffer from altitis, especially those who have an appreciation of the lighter side of the game.
- Lissanna at Restokin – to be honest, I am not sure if this sort of thing would be Lissanna’s cup of tea, but it would be delightful to know more about the person who writes all that amazingly informative stuff about Druids. Lissanna is also a well known fixture of the WoW Forums, and is one of the few voices of sanity and clarity in that rather mixed up world.
- Sevei at For the Alliance! – A really interesting blog which shows the perspective of a ‘Wrath baby’ perfectly.
- Xeonio at Rez the Weak – Even though he is a bit more hardcore than me (OK, a LOT more hardcore), there are some really great tips and guides in this blog for all sorts of players. The best thing is, they aren’t BORING tips and guides! Be sure to check out his VW tanking Sarth 3D post (even if it won’t work come 3.1)
- Ambermist at Tastes Like Battle Chicken – While the name of the blog was the first thing that attracted me, the content is equally awesome. Very refreshing to read the writing of someone who openly admits that they don’t know everything, are working to improve, and are positively thrilled to share their lessons and experiences with you along the way. Plus, she is a kick ass writer!
- The crew at Casual Somethings – a blog written by a number of people in the same guild about a number of things. Lots of great stuff to look at, and I think I spotted some potential drawings and comic style happenings!
10 Things I
Hate Like Um… eh… 10 Things About Me?
Now, I have been puzzling over this all day. It’s really difficult to think of 10 things about me which are both true and interesting! Oddly enough, I think I have a lot of things in common with other bloggers, so I will draw the parallels as I write them. So, here goes…
- I have lived in 18 houses in my lifetime. My family moved a lot when I was young (2-3 times a year until I was almost 6), and moved again across a few houses in the same town when I was older. Unfortunately,. I can not remember for the life of me which blogger had ALSO moved a lot, as I read that this morning and it is now this evening. *sigh*
- You are more likely to get information out of me by talking to me when I am incredibly sleepy than when I am incredibly drunk. Strange but true. Most people have inhibition chip malfunctions after a few beers – I have them after 2am. Want to know something that I would usually keep to myself? Corner me at a horrible hour of the morning.
- I am allergic to water. Kagrra is allergic to sunshine, and I figure my stupid water allergy is comparable to this. Its technical name is Aquagenic Urticaria (almost sounds dirty!), and it leaves you covered with welts after contact with water. Yes, I still shower everyday. It also hasn’t prevented me from having a penchant for long soaks in the bath with a book, even though I emerge red raw from scratching. The picture there on the left kinda shows what I get all over me after a shower…. very unattractive!
- I get in trouble for not taking loot. Even though this sounds like it goes against my selfish Warlocky nature, I have difficulty taking loot when I know that someone else could use it, especially if they are around more than I am. It often gets to the point where I get tells from people ordering me to roll on things! I guess loot just isn’t that big a deal for me anymore.
- I get cranky when things don’t go my way. In contrast to the above point, I find myself very easily irritated when people do things differently to the way that I would prefer. This is especially true of other people who play Warlocks. Especially the bossy Warlocks. I think that the class attracts lots of bossy, strong willed people!
- I am the world’s toughest critic – but only of myself. I expect perfection from myself, and get annoyed when i can’t deliver it. People who are into astrology put this down to me being a Virgo. This also means that I am the last person in the world to put my hand up for accolades or recognition; I figure if I deserve to be recognised for something, someone will notice.
- I can’t tell left from right. Shhhh! This was the main reason why I failed my first driving exam.
- Speaking of driving… I have a thing for fast cars. And Ducati motorbikes. However, I am also very particular with my cars – I am much more interested in V8’s (love V8 Supercars, but then I did live near Bathurst for a large portion of my life) than imports, and currently drive the baby version of the car I want – I drive a Ford Focus XR5 Turbo. It vrooms! I’d kill to have a Ducati one day as well… but they are prohibitively expensive, especially on a teacher’s salary.
- While I have only been gaming for 3 years, I have been reading since I was 3. My mother taught my sister and I how to read at home before we went to school, so I have been reading most of my life. As a child I was sick a lot and in and out of hospital, so I was never much good at sports or other fun outdoorsy things, but I was an amazing reader. It comes in handy now for freaking people out when I read… apparently it looks odd since my eyes move so fast.
- I would be hard pressed to tell you what I actually like about WoW. I guess I could say it’s the group activities that keeps me going… I would love to level my alts, but merely so I could run instances with them… the levelling process in itself doesn’t appeal to me. Similarly, I don’t mind brainlessly killing things occasionally, or just running around exploring, but I find questing very frustrating and dull, especially by myself.