I have a few more minutes to spare on my net cafe credit, so here goes:
1. Finally typical Melbourne weather has struck us, with today being hot/cold/windy/rainy/sunny.
2. I am down to my last $2. What a sad state of affairs this is!
3. I have finally gone through and approved comments, and in the process discovered a wonderful blog in Sideshow and Syrana ( http://www.sideshowandsyrana.com/ ). If I ever get around to updating my blogroll when I get home I will get right on that!
4. Aussies are clearly more prudish than any of our foreign friends, with my friend and I being the only ones in our dorm who feel uncomfortable getting changed in front of other people. Others have ranged from sleeping naked (please note – mixed dorm!) to walking/sitting around in underwear.
5. Had a NZ guy going for 15 minutes about drop bears. Really, a New Zealander should know better than to believe in drop bears!
6. Oddly really missing everyone online. Maybe I need to get out more.
7. I was planning on moving in a week, and STILL HAVE NO HOUSE!! Am mad.
8. I am kinda hungry, but can only afford to have lunch OR dinner today. Dinner wins. I guess I can say that is part of the authentic backpacker experience.
9. However, I did manage to spend over $100 at Lush yesterday! Food < soap? Budgeting skills FTL.
10. “Wicked: The Musical” was incredibly awesome. Best night out this week, even beating the pub night where they played really bad music and I got to dance like an idiot.
11. Above night was also awesome. Think Spice Girls, Peter Andre, etc. Could barely walk or talk the next day. Drank far too much vodka. Accidentally left the net connected all night on my phone, so my bill will be huge. Have a funny feeling I sent someone some flirtatious messages on AIM – I don’t really remember.
See you guys soon on the flip side! What does that expression mean, anyway?